The purpose of this page is to keep parents and pupils up to date on the school’s position in managing the effect of the Coronavirus (COVID -19).
To keep up to date with this rapidly changing situation, we are reviewing the advice from Public Health England (PHE) and Department for Education (DFE) on a daily basis.
We will keep you updated via text messages and the school website. We have spoken to the staff and pupils about the importance of washing their hands and all pupils are washing their hands collectively on entry to school, after playtime, before eating and before coming home, as well as the normal expectation of washing hands after using the toilet.
The following advice from NHS England has been shared with staff and pupils to help them avoid catching and spreading germs.
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately
• wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least 20 seconds – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
The NHS also advises:
• try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• do not share items that come into contact with your mouth such as cups and bottles
• if unwell, do not share items such as bedding, towels, dishes and pencils.
You can find simple hand washing advice on the following links
Hand washing: how to wash your hands properly
How to wash your hands NHS song
The Department of Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and pupils can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
You may wish to discuss Coronavirus with your children to alleviate growing concern.
For the latest information from Public Health England regarding COVID-19, please click here